- LSM-2 Lighting Scenario Master
- ALE-1 Ambient Lighting Engine
- ALE-2 Ambient Lighting Engine
- ALC Ambient Lighting Controller
- ISELED Gateway
We are offering a range of Automotive Lighting ECUs for all the tasks in a vehicle lighting network.
Orchestration of static and dynamic lighting effects is controlled by a Lighting Scenario Master. This Master functionality can be implemented with a dedicated ECU or via software application on a domain controller or our eBox.
Based on the concept of the lighting solution (e.g. lamp, lighted trim part, etc.) LED control and light sources can either be integrated on the same PCB (= Lighting Engine) or implemented as separate parts connected via Automotive connectors (= Lighting Controller with powerful LED driver channels or ISELED Gateway).
- Orchestration of static and dynamic lighting effects controlled by Lighting Scenario Master
- Lighting Nodes with integrated LED light sources (Lighting Engines)
- Lighting Nodes with powerful LED channels to control external LED light sources
LSM-2 LIGHTING SCENARIO MASTER
COORDINATION OF LIGHTING NODES
The LSM-2 provides complex light scenarios for coherent lighting effects in the vehicle interior and transmits those via LIN or CAN to the respective Lighting Nodes.
Due to the high compute power and network bandwidth, the LSM-2 can control many Lighting nodes simultaneously.
One application of the LSM-2 is the orchestration of illumination effects in a Starlight Headliner for luxury series-production vehicles. Several lighting scenarios such as glittering stars, shooting stars, reading lights and interior lighting support have been implemented.
- Coordinates the Nodes of a Lighting Network simultaneously
- Pre-installed lighting scenarios
- 2x HS-CAN, 1x LS-CAN, 1x LIN
- AUTOSAR capable series control unit
ALE-1 AMBIENT LIGHTING ENGINE
The ALE-1 offers two control modes for 192 LEDs. In the single mode, 192 LEDs can be individually controlled with a brightness resolution of 14 bits. In the group mode, the LEDs can be controlled in groups of 64 LEDs to save bandwidth on the CAN bus and processing power on the Master ECU. Also, in the group mode, different light effects and dynamic brightness distribution can be calculated. The control is possible via CAN-HS and CAN-LS.
An integrated gamma correction compensates the non-linear human perception.
To ensure smooth transitions, the brightness from the busses are interpolated at 100Hz.
- LED module with a matrix of 192 LEDs
- Individual and grouped control of LEDs via CAN-HS & CAN-LS
- Compensation of non-linear human perception
- 14-bit PWM control
ALE-2 AMBIENT LIGHTING ENGINE
CONTROL OF RGB LEDS VIA LIN
The ALE-2 is a control unit with integrated RGB-LEDs which can be controlled with pre-installed and predefined lighting scenarios. In addition, simple control is possible by setting brightness- and RGB-values as well as the dimming time.
Gamma correction and temperature compensation ensure a regular dimming process and a constant color space. To protect the module, the ALE-2 has short circuit detection, open load monitoring as well as parameterizable derating function.
Thanks to its compact size, the control unit can be installed in the vehicle in a space-saving manner, directly connected to the light guides. The ALE-2 is available in series with one or four RGB-LEDs. An adaptation is possible on customer request.
- Control of integrated RGB LEDs via LIN
- Pre-installed lighting scenarios and dimming function
- Temperature compensation, short circuit and interruption monitoring, derating
- Compact design – Suitable for ambient lighting systems
- Available with 1 or 4 RGB-LEDs
ALC – AMBIENT LIGHTING CONTROLLER
FLEXIBLE LED CONTROL VIA CAN OR LIN
The ALC has been designed to control four LED channels with up to 120mA each, with a maximum output voltage of 24V. An increase to 350mA is possible by bundling adjacent LED channels.
The controller can be integrated into both a CAN and a LIN bus system. Each LED channel can be individually controlled by PWM or voltage dimming.
A built-in Boost-Buck converter provides a constant current output (at 0V-24V) for a dynamic input voltage range of (7V-18V). By means of pin coding, different application scenarios can be covered with the same hardware. A software update can be performed via CAN or LIN.
In addition to its function as a Lighting Controller, it can also serve as a Lighting Scenario Master and control other Lighting Controllers or ISELED Gateways.
- Four controllable LED channels with up to 120mA
- Interfaces: CAN, LIN Master, LIN Slave
- Boost-Buck Converter
- Processing of 6 digital, 4 analog inputs and one PWM signal
CONNECTING ISELEDS TO LIN OR CAN
As a LIN or private CAN based communication interface, the ISELED Gateway controls ISELED lighting systems with up to 50 ISELEDs. Preinstalled lighting scenarios can be parameterized and executed.
The gateway can be installed as a separate control unit or due to its compact design, it can be integrated into the housing or circuit board of the lighting system.
It is currently available in prototypes and under development for series-production vehicle integration.
- Preinstalled lighting scenarios
- Available as LIN or CAN Version with 1x ISELED output
- Wake-up and Parameter update via Bootloader and LIN/CAN
- Available as a separate controller or integrated with the lighting system